Sony RX100 M7 Remote

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Sony RX100 M7 Remote Read 443 Times
  • John Donlan
    John Donlan
    Participant
    Cameras, Lenses and Shooting Gear
    on: January 23, 2022 at 4:59 pm

Anyone using a Sony RX100M7 with a Wireless remote?. Which remote are u using? Just wondering whether a remote would function better (more reliably) then the Sony Imaging Edge app on my Andriod S10, or Ipad?. The Sony RMT-P1BT is kinda expensive $79.00USD. Might be worth the price???

Thanks

Greyscale

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Sony RX100 M7 Remote
    Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022 at 5:27 pm

The Sony remote RMT-P1BT is really good and I use it from my A7riv and A1 cameras.  It’s a bit of a trick to pair with the camera (I always forget how). But when paired works great.

For my RX100vii and the ZV and ZV 10 I use the shooting grip GP-VPT2BT. I like this grip as I can set it up and put in my pocket, turning on and off video while not being near the camera.  Plus it makes a great grip and mini tripod.

Hope that helps.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

John Donlan
    John Donlan
    Participant
    Re: Sony RX100 M7 Remote
    Reply #2 on: February 6, 2022 at 5:20 pm

Kevin, thanks for the reply. I use a Manfrotto mini and shoot landscapes. The Sony Imageing Edge app has a remote function which, once the app and camera pair (tricky) ,work fine as a remote with (for me) with one glaring omission. Namely the app does not allow for selecting different focus spots on the lcd WITHOUT touching the camera. BAD SONY!

Greyscale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.