Sony A1

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Sony A1 Read 570 Times
  • Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: July 27, 2021 at 3:00 pm

Kevin, an interesting article and some lovely shots.

As you know, I’m still dithering between the A1 and the A7Riv, so here’s the question which sprang to my mind: how many of those shots do you think you would have missed if you’d been using the A7Riv? How much of a boost does the autofocus of the A1 give you?

Inquiring minds (well, one inquiring mind anyway) need to know!

Jeremy

John Hollenberg
    John Hollenberg
    Participant
    Re: Sony A1
    Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021 at 5:30 pm

I was just about to buy the A7R IV but decided to wait for A7R V based on a couple of comments from other photographers:

Don Smith said (in comments at end of article) that he is using A1 and leaving A7R IV as backup for landscape:

My Thoughts on the Sony Alpha 1 Camera for Landscape and Action Photography

Bernard Languillier advised against the Sony A7R IV at this time and said he was never happy with the color.  I read other comments about the color filters on the sensor being better on the Sony A1:

https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=138688

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Sony A1
    Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021 at 8:27 pm

Both the a7riv and a1 are the cameras in my kit.  Both are excellent.  The a1 is a real performer and the image quality is excellent as well as color.  The ai is incredibly fast when focusing and holding focus.  The a1 may be more camera than many need, especially landscape shooters who are using the high frame capture rate etc..  I see in a comment that someone says color is not good.  Well, I  know color is pretty damn good and I have no issue with color from either model.  Both cameras have served up excellent quality images and I couldn’t be happier.  I’d say I am at the pinaclecle of camera happiness. Now all I need is to be able to go where I love to take pictures.

That being said, go with the camera you like.  No one asks what you took a picture with.  If your camera is delivering what you want then that is all there is to it.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.