red and green

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: red and green Read 349 Times
  • Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: June 30, 2021 at 12:33 pm

Thoughts?

pxl-4

Jeremy

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Re: red and green
    Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021 at 12:56 pm

Very pleasing & well seen

J. D. Ramsey
    J. D. Ramsey
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: July 12, 2021 at 2:51 pm

The composition is well considered and here the flowing water creates an abstract otherness to the plant material.  Like the contrasts between them.  Wonder if the image would be even stronger if cropped in a bit from the left making it a bit more vertical and eliminating the small brown-orange leaf towards the left side.  In either case, like it.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: July 13, 2021 at 12:48 pm

The composition is well considered and here the flowing water creates an abstract otherness to the plant material.  Like the contrasts between them.  Wonder if the image would be even stronger if cropped in a bit from the left making it a bit more vertical and eliminating the small brown-orange leaf towards the left side.  In either case, like it.

Thanks. I see your point, I think. I like the format as it is but the saturation on the left-hand leaf could be reduced so the eye is less drawn.

Jeremy

Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021 at 4:27 pm

A very nice shot. Honestly though – I like the little leaf. I would try cropping from the right, so you would end up with a portrait format and the three leaves forming a triangle. This way, the emphasis would be on the geometry, not so much on the flowing water effect. It would also strengthen the juxtaposition of the reddish leaves above the middle of the frame and the green one below the middle. Almost as if the water was filtering the colours…

Eric Myrvaagnes
    Eric Myrvaagnes
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: August 1, 2021 at 5:40 pm

I like it just the way it is. It’s a fine abstract, and it works for me.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.