Picture Molding to Display Photos

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Picture Molding to Display Photos Read 271 Times
  • Eric Brody
    Eric Brody
    Participant
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: March 7, 2022 at 10:58 pm

Nice article. However, the author failed to mention the absolute best way to display photos in one’s home and that is with picture molding.

We were fortunate to build our home about 10 years ago and our finish carpenter was a former professional photographer. He suggested we put picture molding in all our living areas. It’s terrific; there are no holes in the wall and whenever I feel like it I take a photo down and replace it in just a few minutes. The wires are all but invisible and I can hang the photos at whatever height I want, good for a couple of short people like my wife and I. I realize it doesn’t work everywhere and for everyone, but if it’s possible, it’s a wonderful solution.

IMG_4711

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Eric Brody.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Christopher Sanderson. Reason: Switched out .heic file to .jpg
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by Christopher Sanderson. Reason: Switched out .heic file for .jpg
    Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Picture Molding to Display Photos
    Reply #1 on: March 8, 2022 at 1:07 am

The system you show is similar to one we did another article on a while back.  https://photopxl.com/how-to-get-big-impact-from-smaller-prints/  I use a wire hanging system like this in my studio and it works great.  Your setup looks wonderful and I love it.  While I have a lot of my photography in my home, my wife has made sure it looks good.  If I had my way every square inch of our walls would have photos hanging there.  Debra feels a bit of white space between them is good.  Lucky for me at the studio, I have it my way.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.