Photoshop – pano stitching problems – B&W convert

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Photoshop – pano stitching problems – B&W convert Read 724 Times
  • Daniel Smith
    Daniel Smith
    Participant
    Adobe Photoshop & Pixel Editing Applications
    on: May 2, 2020 at 11:07 pm

B&W conversion problems

I use Photoshop CS6 to work on images and save as TIF files. Color looks just fine with Automate – panoramic images.

Then I use Silver Efex Pro for my B&W conversion and I am getting these wierd patterns that I think are where Photoshop has joined the images to make the final composite.

I did have it all set up on my work computer – which showed signs of impending death so I got a new computer. Had to have Adobe download and install CS6 for me as it would not take the DVD version for installation. Now – when using Silver Efex PRo to go to the B&W conversion for final files I am getting these lines. Never had them before – in years of use on the old computer.

I am NOT going to a subscription version of Photoshop. How do I get the problem solved?

"A good still photograph, studied by an inquiring mind, frequently yields more information than a mile of moving images". Walter Cronkite, New York, June 1989

Daniel Smith
    Daniel Smith
    Participant
    Re: Photoshop – pano stitching problems – B&W convert
    Reply #1 on: May 3, 2020 at 3:30 pm

A bit more on this.

Spent time converting in Silver Efex Pro and then doing the same image using only Photoshop.

The lines don’t show up when going to B&W only in Photoshop.

I prefer the “look” I can get in SilverEfex Pro – but with this problem showing I won’t use it.

Any answer/solution to this is welcome.

"A good still photograph, studied by an inquiring mind, frequently yields more information than a mile of moving images". Walter Cronkite, New York, June 1989

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Re: Photoshop – pano stitching problems – B&W convert
    Reply #2 on: May 7, 2020 at 12:27 am

This may be an obvious question but have you tried doing a flat grayscale conversion in Ps and then processing in Silver Efex Pro?

I’ve seen artifacts like that in HDRs but usually with 8-bit images like cell phone shots where there’s too big of a gap for the dynamic range of the sensor to overlap.

Don’t use Ps so I’m afraid I can’t help much.

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.