PhotoPXl and Corvid-19

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: PhotoPXl and Corvid-19 Read 1252 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    PXL News
    on: March 15, 2020 at 4:59 pm

I have published an article Making The Best Of Things Right Now -Corvid-19 about what photoPXL will be doing during the Corvid-19 crisis.

What are you going to do during these changing times?  Share with everyone here how this crisis has affected you and what you will be doing photography-wise.

Please stay safe and healthy..

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Dan Araujo
    Dan Araujo
    Participant
    Re: PhotoPXl and Corvid-19
    Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Hopefully I can catch up on some reading.  I have some photography related books in the pile as well.  I already worked from home so nothing is changing there so far.

Dan
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/daraujo

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020 at 6:18 pm

from Photoshelter: https://blog.photoshelter.com/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-resources-for-photographers/

Mike.

P.S. It’s COVID-19. A corvid is a bird – crows, ravens, etc. 🙂

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Jeff Schewe
    Jeff Schewe
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020 at 6:02 pm

Well, I have an entire studio and imaging area to install since I moved…that will be keeping me busy. So far I’ve successfully downsized from a large commercial studio to a smaller “fine art” studio (I used fine arts in quotes because while I’ll still be able to set up still life shots and shoot portraits it’s a tiny space by comparison!

My daughter and her cat have come to live because she lived in a large condo building that reportedly had people exposed to to the Novel Coronavirus and she didn’t want run the risk of A) being exposed or B) being quarantined in place in her condo. The city of Chicago, like New York is trying to be proactive short of what the bay area is ordering “shelter in place”.

So, in the meantime I’m trying to find places to store imaging/photo equipment I didn’t shed :~)

I’ll post pictures of the new place when it’s done…the image below is likely the last photo taken in my old studio.

last-studio

Kenneth Sky
    Kenneth Sky
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020 at 8:58 pm

At 81, I’ve been advised to stay in my condo except for a brisk walk with my wife in an isolated area. This has given me a lot of time to process and print a lot of my accumulated files. So as long as the ink and paper hold out, photography has come to my rescue my sanity once again.

Hugh Sakols
    Hugh Sakols
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020 at 10:38 am

Greetings,

I’m stuck in the Merced River canyon just at the boundary of Yosemite.  I’m pulling my hair out trying to teach 3rd and 4th grade remotely.  Many of my parents can’t even read.  I’m beginning to really miss the kids that I’m used to being with each day.  For exercise, I ride my bike up the highway to the park gate.  It is amazing to ride along the highway and only see two cars.  I’m finally having more time to work on my photography during the day and put some more time into projects.  I recently sorted through photographs of our town that I have been photographing for about 20 years.  Some of the homes I have photographed have since been remodeled so now I see the importance of a project like this. My own home appears in this collection.  I love El Portal, but I certainly would like to have the space Jeff has.  Hang in there everyone!

http://www.yosemitecollection.com/El_Portal/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.