Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review Read 409 Times
  • Vieri Bottazzini
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Participant
    Medium Format
    on: June 12, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Hello everyone! After a long hiatus due to my traveling, today I completed the fourth of a series of in-depth reviews dedicated to Rodenstock lenses, in particular used in X-Shutter and on a Phase One XT. This fourth article will analyse the Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6, covering a classic “long normal” focal length of about 56mm equivalent on full-frame 35mm systems.

The XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 is a truly amazing lens, one of the best I have ever tested and getting it in X-Shutter will also offer quite a wealth of automated digital integrations with the IQ4 that I believe it’s great to have on tech cameras.

You can find the whole review here, if interested:

https://www.vieribottazzini.com/2022/06/xt-rodenstock-90mm-f-5-6-in-depth-review.html

Enjoy the read & images, and I am looking forward to your comments! Best regards,

Vieri

Vieri Bottazzini

WEBSITES | INSTAGRAM

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review
    Reply #1 on: June 12, 2022 at 11:06 pm

Thanks, Vieri,  That is an amazing lens.  I have had great images made with it.  The whole lineup on the XT is a set of great glass.  Until you make a big print it is really hard to appreciate the detail these lenses render.  Nice review!

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Vieri Bottazzini
    Vieri Bottazzini
    Participant
    Re: Phase One XT Rodenstock 90mm f/5.6 in-depth review
    Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022 at 2:55 am

Hello Kevin,

yes indeed, it’s a great lens capable of creating amazing imagery, as is the XT lineup in general (and Rodenstock HR lineup besides the XT lenses, too). Making big prints is definitely a great way to appreciate the amount of detail the lens can output.

Glad you enjoyed the read! Best regards,

Vieri

Vieri Bottazzini

WEBSITES | INSTAGRAM

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.