Palouse Workshops

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Palouse Workshops Read 562 Times
  • J. D. Ramsey
    J. D. Ramsey
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: July 6, 2021 at 1:19 pm

While Kevin barely needs my review to sell out the 2022 Palouse workshops (there’s only one open seat as I write this), I will say as an attendee at this year’s first workshop, it was all I hoped to be and more.  We covered an incredible amount of mileage each day and got to see out-of-the way spots that most workshops and tours don’t get too. Kevin’s knowledge of the area is encyclopedic.  The group of fellow photographers was wonderful and we spent many an hour while traveling conversing on all sorts of topics, including, mostly, photographic.  As a bonus, the food was better than expected and even special if your into BBQ.  Highly recommended. ‘

Regards, David

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Palouse Workshops
    Reply #1 on: July 6, 2021 at 3:46 pm

Thank you, David.  It was a lot of fun and we all some fine images. It was an honor to shoot with you and I hope our paths cross again.

These workshops sold very quickly and with only one spot left I think it will be snapped up real soon.

More workshops are coming.  Next year will be. a very busy year.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Louis Foubare
    Louis Foubare
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: July 6, 2021 at 8:32 pm

Kevin

Great stuff.

I do have a question about the Sony A1. Is it really necessary to spend nearly double the price of the latest A7R4a on this camera? Are the images that much better than your A7R4?

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: July 6, 2021 at 9:36 pm

Louis, It’s nit the image quality that makes the price.  It’s the AF, and frame rate, and ability to write to fast cards.  Also, the controls of the camera are all different as the a1 has primary controls with dials and knobs on top of the camera.  I have both cameras and the image quality is amazing from both.  I also am not afraid to shoot with either camera at high ISO.  Thus, I shoot a lot more than ever handheld and set a shutter speed (usually dependent on the lens focal length) and pick a f/stop for the types of scene and then let auto ISO handle the variable.

I will say that the a1 is one of the finest cameras I have shot with.  It makes me smile.  The new menu system is a lot easier to use and has a ton of choices.  You can set up 3 banks for custom settings and save those and exchange them with others.  The AF tracking with animal eye AF as well as bird is so cool to see. I’ll have more on that in an article I am working on.

Go to a camera store and hold the a1 and you’ll see pretty quick why it is so nice.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Louis Foubare
    Louis Foubare
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: July 7, 2021 at 12:00 pm

Thanks Kevin

I very much look forward to your detailed assessments and how to best use and setup the A1 for landscape. If you have experience using it with candid/street use, I would also like to hear how you set it up for street.

Lou

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.