P800 oddity – frayed image edges

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: P800 oddity – frayed image edges Read 142 Times
  • Ken Tannenbaum
    Ken Tannenbaum
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: November 7, 2023 at 10:55 am

I’ve been in email parade with Epson about a recent issue after a very long and successful run printing mostly on Epson Hot Press Natural paper in all it’s sizes, but usually 17×22 or 13×19, with a single image centered on the paper inside a substantial border.  My settings are familiar to me as is the printer, all of which having proven flawless until last week.  I discovered what I’d call a rough edge along all sides of the image.  A close up example jpeg is attached.  This phenomenon does NOT occur in 8.5×11 paper of the same type nor with a test using standard copy paper which have sharp edges all around. My nozzle checks are perfect as is the roller cleaning process. The only thing I have not done as trash the driver (12.62) and re-install the printer.  Epson has offered no useful advice as yet. I believe the fix is at an experienced persons command already….I hope.  Also, yesterday I made a 17×22 print of a poster I designed for a co-op gallery I’m a member of which includes 15 images, each about 2 1/2 inches square. The print is fine to the extent that at that size, the “small” images don’t look flawed around the edges as a full print would, but on close inspection I see the various frayed edges.  Your thoughts on this would be dearly appreciated.  Ken

Ken Tannenbaum
    Ken Tannenbaum
    Participant
    Re: P800 oddity – frayed image edges
    Reply #1 on: November 8, 2023 at 9:13 am

It appears after quite a few experiments, Epson’s last suggestion has made the difference, to turn off high-speed printing, something I’ve used for many years making large prints.  THanks for looking in on this post!

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: P800 oddity – frayed image edges
    Reply #2 on: November 8, 2023 at 5:00 pm

Glad you got that worked out.  I beleive there is also a thcik paper setting you can turn on that helps with thicker papers like you are using.  I know there is one on the P900.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.