New Article Published – Four Steps to Take Today to Protect Your Copyrights

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Topic: New Article Published – Four Steps to Take Today to Protect Your Copyrights Read 796 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: July 5, 2019 at 10:03 am

I just published a new article on how to protect your copyrights and things to know regarding registering them.

Four Steps to Take Today to Protect Your Copyrights

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Richard Jay
    Richard Jay
    Participant
    Re: New Article Published – Four Steps to Take Today to Protect Your Copyrights
    Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019 at 10:14 pm

Hi Kevin and Chris – congratulations on the new site!

With respect to this article I have several issues with it. They mostly stem from the assumption that the only jurisdiction that counts is the USA! However the internet guarantees that images are posted online from all over the world and copyright thieves are likewise active from all over the world…

Surely it would be a much better approach to discuss the issues of copyright taking into account that copyright laws are different in different locales and more importantly pursuing financial restitution or litigation against an alleged copyright offender is markedly affected by their location on the planet. The playing surface is not equal here!

Am I making an incorrect assumption by assuming that you intend to attract an international audience to this website and not just American photographers?

If so, is it not worth making a real effort to discuss, debate, and investigate issues in the photographic and imaging industry from an international perspective and not just from an introspective American point of view?

Given that this is a brand new site devoid of a long and limiting history, and, given that this site is seeking real relevance within the international photographic and imaging landscape it would seem to be a no-brainer to me…

Just saying…

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: New Article Published – Four Steps to Take Today to Protect Your Copyrights
    Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Richard, you are correct.  We plan to pursue this further in the future with a possible video entering into a discussion with the authors and maybe others from the firm.  The whole copyright topic is large indeed and difficult to navigate and understand.  This first article was just that.  Expect more on this topic.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.