Negative and Recovering – From Covid in the Raber Household

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Negative and Recovering – From Covid in the Raber Household Read 880 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    About This Site
    on: May 5, 2020 at 6:17 pm

Hello . . .

I have been overwhelmed with wishes, concerns, and prayers by so many people over the last few days.  As you may know, I lost my father in law to COVID-19 about two weeks ago.  Then a few days after his death my wife Debra came down with it.  (tested positive).  COVID – 19 is something you wouldn’t wish on your worst enemy.  To see my wife suffer as she has for 11 days (today) is heartbreaking and scary.  Words can’t even begin to describe how bad it is.  She is a fighter though and it looks like she may recover but even recovery will take time.  This virus sucks the life out of you.  Today Debra is making it to almost 10 hours without Tylenol.  A walk to the kitchen and back exhausts her.  But the headaches have subsided a bit but do come back for a while.  She has no ambition.  She can only sit in bed and try to get better.  Tonight she actually has an appetite and is having a small glass of wine and maybe a pizza.  That’s a good sign for sure.

There have been a number of close friends who have been very helpful during this time.  You know who you are.  At the beginning of the pandemic, I bought digital thermometers, Oxygen/pulse reader and masks, gloves, etc.. Turns out it was a wise move.  The o2 reader was what we lived by every few hours.  We had the paramedics here once when it looked like it was getting really serious.  Their advice was you don’t want to go to the hospital.

I am hoping we only move forward from here.  I got tested last Friday and that was not an easy thing to arrange since I didn’t have symptoms.  The results (four days later) came back negative – thank god.

When Debra feels better we will make a video and share our experiences about this virus and what it has done to us.

In the meantime, PXL will keep moving forward.  I can’t even begin to thank all our readers and members for being a part of our PXL family and especially those who have reached out with good wishes.  It means the world to Debra and me.  From the bottom of my heart THANK YOU.

Please be safe and smart about this virus.  My best advice is don’t get caught up in all the reopening hullabaloo.  Venture out cautiously following all the guidelines.  You do not want to catch this virus. 

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Andrew Molitor
    Andrew Molitor
    Silver Member
    Re: Negative and Recovering – From Covid in the Raber Household
    Reply #1 on: May 5, 2020 at 7:50 pm

I just checked in now for the first time in… a while.

Sorry to hear of your travails, Kevin, and best wishes to you and yours, as well as all the rest of the community here of course.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: May 5, 2020 at 9:33 pm

Thank you, Andrew.  Let’s catch up sometime soon.  Appreciate the thoughts.

Kevin Raber

Steven Friedman
    Steven Friedman
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: May 6, 2020 at 1:14 am

Kevin

I am sorry to read about this news of your father in law and Debra. Joni and I wish you all the best and hope Debra is on the recovery road. Stay safe and take care of yourself and Debra.

Steven

Hugh Sakols
    Hugh Sakols
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: May 6, 2020 at 9:25 am

Glad to hear things are looking up.  We even had some teachers tested at school after some cases have appeared.  I’m glad you’re not at the Capitol building with your guns and camo.  Keep up the good work on this site!  Darn, last week a mountain lion took my little apricot and printing assistant.  This has been especially hard during the lockdown.

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: May 6, 2020 at 11:38 am

Hugh so sorry to hear about Apricot.  I have four furry assistants but they are regulated to the house.  Our backyard is like a wildlife park.  I don’t know if they could survive all the things out there.  Frankly, I don’t think we could take too much more sorrow.  We march forward.  Thanks for being part of the PXL family.

Kevin Raber

Paulo Bizarro
    Paulo Bizarro
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020 at 10:46 am

Kevin,

Glad to hear that your wife is recovering, all I can wish is you all keep safe. Here in Portugal things are reopening slowly, but most ofus are taking this very seriously and with baby steps, so to speak.

Paulo

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020 at 1:24 pm

Thanks, Paul, Debra is working full days from home now.  No one should go through the agony she had to with Covid.  Serious stuff.

Kevin Raber

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.