Moonset, North Dakota

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Moonset, North Dakota Read 576 Times
  • Daniel Smith
    Daniel Smith
    Participant
    Black & White
    on: April 11, 2020 at 11:39 am

Moonset, North Dakota ©2020 Daniel A. Smith

Waiting on the moon phases so I get a full moon setting right around sunrise. The location picked out where the moon would be in the right place as light emphasizes the texture of the barn. A light snow shower helped as clearing skies let the sun come through.

With the Virus concerns the country roads were clear of traffic and in almost 90 miles of driving I saw 5 vehicles. No interaction with people at all. Just clean air, no wind and light worth the drive.

Single exposure with the moon soon to be eclipsed by clouds moving in from the West. Keeping track of sun and moon rise and set as well as moon phases helps with some images I visualize as I plan to be there to work on them. Many things get in the way. Clouds and storms. Life in general have me where I can’t get to the location when conditions should be good. This time things fell into place.

Canon 6D, 200mm f/2.8 lens.

"A good still photograph, studied by an inquiring mind, frequently yields more information than a mile of moving images". Walter Cronkite, New York, June 1989

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Daniel Smith.
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Re: Moonset, North Dakota
    Reply #1 on: April 12, 2020 at 5:24 pm

Nicely done. Interesting though in that I could easily do without the moon’s presence. She fights with the building for dominance, but I suppose that adds some tension to the image.

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.