Membership Status

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Membership Status Read 476 Times
  • Fred Carter
    Fred Carter
    Gold Member
    About This Site
    on: October 4, 2021 at 5:22 pm

I may be missing something, but I don’t see a way to determine one’s membership status/level.  Periodically, even though I’m logged in, I get a pop up saying that I should upgrade my membership to get all the wondrous new features (ok, I’m paraphrasing 🙂 ).  However, I think I’m a “gold” member so there’s nowhere to go.

When I look on my dashboard or other places on the set of tabs from “My Account,” I don’t see anything that indicates those sorts of things.  I think I can/could sometimes see a glyph or few on my picture that’s probably colored appropriately, but it’s hard to tell.  The profile picture shown on the web site banner (when I’m logged in) has no indication.  The “Become a Member” button on the home page doesn’t give me any indication that I’m already a member, at least as far as I can see.

Also, the images in the stories don’t seem to be in any ultra-high def.  The community ones, of course, may vary based on what’s uploaded.  But I may be doing things incorrectly — don’t know.  I do get dark mode, though, so there’s that.

Anyway, thought I’d ask if I’m missing something.  If not, please consider it a suggestion.

It may be difficult to track things as things like PayPal recurring things mayn’t show here easily.

Thanks in advance…

/fred

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: Membership Status
    Reply #1 on: October 4, 2021 at 5:57 pm

Fred,

Let me get on this right away and look for a reply shortly after I check a few things out.  If you are a gold or silver member, you should have a little medallion by your name in the member’s section on the community page or when you call up your account.

And, if you are a member clicking on images in new articles, should open them to the full width of your window. It may be possible that your record didn’t update and if that is the case, I’ll fix it.

Any other members experiencing similar issues please get in touch with me.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: October 4, 2021 at 6:08 pm

Fred

I checked and you are showing as a Gold member in our member database.  Thank you.

So, now we need to know why things might not be working properly.  Upon signing in you should be recognized by the system and when browsing articles and clicking on images you should see them enlarged.  Also, you should not be getting any pop ups.

Please send me directly at [email protected] your computer info like system, version, browser, and version etc.  This will help us determine if there is something wrong.  See attachment which is a screen shot showing your membership status.

Anyone else experiencing issues like this please get in touch with me at [email protected]

Thank you.

Kevin Raber

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Kevin Raber.
    Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: October 5, 2021 at 10:12 am

Yup, I was having issues along these lines a couple of days ago. I suspect it had something to do with the failure to properly update cookies set by the site when accessing it on different machines. That could be one area the techs might check.

Fred Carter
    Fred Carter
    Gold Member
    Reply #4 on: October 5, 2021 at 3:46 pm

(Sent the details to your email last night.  Didn’t bounce so assuming it arrived.)

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: October 6, 2021 at 11:40 am

Received everything and passed it along to our web guys.  They are looking into it.

Kevin Raber

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.