Leaving For Antarctica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Leaving For Antarctica Read 275 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    PXL News
    on: November 29, 2023 at 8:23 am

Hello,  I am now in Ushuaia, Argentina.  This is the stepping-off point to Antarctica.  I’ll be leaving in 2 days for a trip to my happy place.  I am working with Muench Workshops, and we have a ship with just photographers on it, so it should be a good time.  Needless to say, I’ll be off the grid for a little while.  Lots of fresh stories in the work when I return.  I’ll try to post 1 or 2 articles before I leave, but the internet here is prehistoric.  I will be at another hotel on Thursday, so I am hoping for faster internet.  In the meantime, spend some time visiting some of the other articles on the site.  Use the search feature and put in words you may be interested in.  There is a wealth of knowledge here.  I’ll be back on the 12th of December, so more content after that.

Thanks for being part of the PXL family.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Re: Leaving For Antarctica
    Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023 at 9:17 am

Enjoy! I’m very jealous, although I don’t envy your seaborne crossing of the Drake.

Jeremy

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023 at 12:54 pm

Thanks, Jeremy… we are crossing the Drake, and it is showing some large waves.  Wouldn’t be a good fit for you.  I’ll be thinking of you though.

Kevin Raber

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: December 1, 2023 at 7:21 am

Bon voyage.

Jeremy

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: December 8, 2023 at 7:02 am

A quick update from the bottom of the world.  It’s been an incredible trip so far.  We had Drake Lake coming over from S. America. Set a record for the crossing and thus got an extra day of photography.  Hope it is as smooth going back, which we do tomorrow.  It’s been perfect weather.  Sunshine and great skies and clouds.  I have never seen it like this in all my trips.  Obviously I have lots of photos and will share them on my return.  You can go to my Facebook and Instagram pages to see some now if you’d like.  So much to share and I look forward to getting home and getting back to business.  I get home late Tuesday.  Will most likely take Wednesday as a recovery day and then jump into life full steam ahead.

Look forward to sharing things when I get back.

Kevin Raber

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.