Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Topic: iPhone 15 pro max lenses and images Read 148 Times
  • Jonathan Cross
    Jonathan Cross
    Participant
    Mobile and Cell Phone Photography
    on: January 19, 2024 at 3:09 pm

I have some queries about the iPhone 15 pro max lenses and images for which I cannot get definite answers from any of an Apple Store in London UK and Apple support sales and technical departments, so I thought I would ask the experts here!

I understand from the website that the main camera (1x) is by default 24MP, but can be set to 48MP.  I also understand that the 0.5x camera and the 2x and 5x lenses give 12MP images.  The store assistant thought the 5x was 48MP and did not know how to set Pro PAW till I showed him!  I have not had a definite answer as to whether they can all be Apple Pro RAW images and whether all lenses and Pro RAW are available in photo, portrait, HDR, and pano modes.  I also have had no definite answer as to the MP for the 1.2x and 1.5x options.  The store and sales department did not know and the technical department said they are 48MP.  I have read that the 1.2x and 1.5x are digital crops of the main lens image, so I would have thought they would be less than 48MP.

Can anyone who has an iPhone 15 Pro Max give definite answers, please?

In puzzlement,

Jonathan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.