iMac won’t read files on SDXC card

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: iMac won’t read files on SDXC card Read 296 Times
  • Nigel Craig
    Nigel Craig
    Participant
    Computers & Displays
    on: June 9, 2021 at 10:26 am

My iMac (late 2014 27”)normally reads SDHC cards with no problem. Inserted a 64gb sdxc class 2 card from newly acquired S1R – iMac recognised volume but can’t read files – message pops up that card may be damaged. Put the card back in the camera and no problem! If I connect the camera with the usb cable no problem downloading and opening files.

Any thoughts?

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: iMac won’t read files on SDXC card
    Reply #1 on: June 9, 2021 at 2:43 pm

A couple of things.  Is the OS updated to read those files? I have had this happen in the past.  Is the program you are importing into updated to read those camera files? Recently C1 wouldn’t read lossless compressed files.  Is the card recognized by the computer?  Do you see it on the desktop?   Try an SDHC file card from another camera.  If it works, then most likely the computer doesn’t recognize the camera files.  Another method is to shoot some RAW and JPEGs and see if the JPEGS are recognized.  All of this will help you narrow it down.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Nigel Craig
    Nigel Craig
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021 at 4:56 am

Thanks for suggestions Kevin. Since there is no problem with DXO reading the files (after transferring directly from camera) and the card (Lexar) works perfectly well in the camera it seems the problem lies with iMac card reader – I’ll check device manager when I can find it.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021 at 12:34 pm

Have you tried reformatting the card in the camera?

Jeremy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.