Epson XP 245 stopped printing black

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson XP 245 stopped printing black Read 152 Times
  • Mike Custodero
    Mike Custodero
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: February 11, 2024 at 12:10 pm

Hi everybody. I’ve had this printer for a long time and never had a problem. Until the other day when I realized the black cartridge was running out of ink. Yiiikes. I immediately refilled it (I always used self resetting compatible cartridges). Probably it was too late, because – no matter how many times I ran the head cleaning tool … nothing. Now the printer won’t print black. As a last resort I also removed the print head for a thorough cleaning, reassembled it and let it sit for a couple of days. Still no joy. I’m running out of options (the other colors are just fine). The black cartridge seems to be ok, the ink nozzle lets the ink out as expected and it is properly recognised by the printer. Whan am I missing? Can the print head be damaged? Any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

Mike

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Re: Epson XP 245 stopped printing black
    Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024 at 10:49 am

There could be any number of reasons. The forum here and on Luminous Landscape have many threads on problems involving the loss of a black ink channel. It’s worthwhile doing forum searches both here and on LuLa.

On the off-chance that this is similar to a problem I experienced with an Epson P600, try a ‘solution’ proposed to me by Johan Pannozzo of ImagePrint.

If any of the other cartridges are nearly empty but not yet showing a low ink warning, replace them, restart and see if that helps.

Mike Custodero
    Mike Custodero
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024 at 4:37 pm

Thanks Christopher. I’ll run a search and see what I come up to.

Mike

Maximilian Lindner
    Maximilian Lindner
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024 at 8:05 pm

Look for the tool WicReset. Than you can perform a ink charge. But be aware this will fill your waste ink tank very quick. It takes some ink from all colors. Best you have full cartridges. You can also check the level of your waste ink tank.

Maximilian

Mike Custodero
    Mike Custodero
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: February 17, 2024 at 4:07 am

Thanks Maximilian. Actually after a couple of days of total rest, the ink started to flow back as expected. I guess it badly needed some time for the ink to settle … I guess (?)

Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.