Epson P900 Problems

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson P900 Problems Read 433 Times
  • Steve Rappaport
    Steve Rappaport
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: July 17, 2023 at 12:00 pm

For the second time in 18 months, Epson is replacing my P900 printer which started producing prints that are too light and have a magenta cast (on four different papers printed from Lightroom, Photoshop, and Preview). Has any else had serious problems with a P900 printer?

Jeff Schewe
    Jeff Schewe
    Gold Member
    Re: Epson P900 Problems
    Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023 at 7:21 pm

Mac or PC?

Asael dror
    Asael dror
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023 at 12:13 am

I am torn about this printer. WHEN it works, the images look great. But, I had/have problems with it often. First printer the front loading did not work. On my second/current printer, paper feeding is very problematic unless you feed one sheet at a time (seems like a common problem from what I read), I had repeated spooling issues, which I could only resolve by turning the printer off and on, and I just printed two copies of the same print one after the other (exact same settings), first one came out great, second one horrible colors, so … SMH. My large format Canon printer just died and I am in the market for a new 44″ printer, but with my experiences with the P900, I can’t bring my self to by a large format Epson.

Steve Rappaport
    Steve Rappaport
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: July 20, 2023 at 4:21 pm

I’ve had my P900 for two years and I have had no problems with color management. I have encountered some feed issues (it does not like papers with a slight curl) and twice the printer failed and had to replaced, but when it works – which is nearly all of the time -it is an excellent printer with a beautiful inkset.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.