Color Disk in Capture One

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Color Disk in Capture One Read 710 Times
  • John Sadowsky
    John Sadowsky
    Participant
    Capture One
    on: January 16, 2020 at 4:29 am

Here is a fun experiment that shows the flexibility of the C1 color tool.  The attachment is an image I created that is “similar” to the color disk used in Capture One color tools.  (I had to experiment to tweak it to match C1 – details omitted.)  Open it in C1 and go to the color tool.  This will let you see the

First, under Basic click the “…” button to the right of the color filter buttons.  This shows the filter ranges within the disk.  Set smoothness to zero (for sharp boundaries), and check “view selected color range” (to grey out colors outside of the filter range). The select different wedges.  This shows that my color disk at least matches the hue of the C1 disk.  Now, hit apply to set the filter, and then play with the hue, saturation, and lightness sliders.

Now go to the Advanced tool and select a point with the eyedropper.  Again, set smoothness to zero and check “view selected color range.”  (You may have to scroll down to the bottom to find that checkbox.)  Now adjust the wedge range – both hue (angle) and saturation (radius) ranges – and, of course, play with hue, saturation and lightness sliders.

Now, take this image to the Lightroom HSL tool …

Have fun!

JSS

Mike Nelson Pedde
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Participant
    Re: Color Disk in Capture One
    Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020 at 5:01 pm

Thanks, John. Will try it out.

Mike.

_____
    Mike Nelson Pedde
    Victoria, BC
    https://www.wolfnowl.com/

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.