Cambridge England

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Cambridge England Read 361 Times
  • Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Architecture
    on: November 27, 2021 at 10:28 am

I haven’t posted for a while. A scene from Cambridge, England. The colour were pretty much as shown here. A very warm feeling although the actual temperature was only about 5 deg above freezing…

PB210041

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Re: Cambridge England
    Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021 at 3:01 pm

I get the warm feeling too, Frank. I was there from 1977 to 1984, apart from a year in London in the middle. I have fond memories of my time at St John’s, which would have been behind you to your right.

Thanks for the shot. When did you take it?

Jeremy

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021 at 1:36 pm

You guys in the UK have so many cool areas.  So charming.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021 at 3:36 pm

Hi Jeremy,

this was shot a couple of weeks ago, on a day-trip to Cambridge. Always a nice place to visit and walk around! I live about an hour away, so very convenient to get to. Compared to before the pandemic, the city is still quite empty. Hardly any tourists, but mostly overseas students. I guess it must have been a fascinating place when you were there! That is quite a while ago…

Cheers

Frank

Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021 at 3:38 pm

You guys in the UK have so many cool areas.  So charming.

Hi Kevin, yes – it is very charming indeed. And everywhere is just a few hours drive away. But then you guys have the vast open spaces and incredible national parks, iconic landscapes and all the major cities, the bisons and the geysers, and, and, and,… haha the grass is always greener on the other side!

Regards

Frank

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021 at 4:23 pm

But English grass is greener!

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #6 on: December 1, 2021 at 2:48 pm

Hi Jeremy,

this was shot a couple of weeks ago, on a day-trip to Cambridge. Always a nice place to visit and walk around! I live about an hour away, so very convenient to get to. Compared to before the pandemic, the city is still quite empty. Hardly any tourists, but mostly overseas students. I guess it must have been a fascinating place when you were there! That is quite a while ago…

Cheers

Frank

It was great. Especially during my postgraduate medical school training and my first job, at Addenbrooke’s, because I was there out of term time. It was particularly lovely in winter, I thought: like everywhere else, it looks even better after it’s snowed.

I’ll post some of my photos of the place. May I do it here, or would you prefer me to start a new thread?

Jeremy

Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Reply #7 on: December 2, 2021 at 9:55 am

Hi Jeremy,

please do post some images form that time. In particular of Addenbrooke’s. I have been involved in one of the major projects on the new biomedical campus for a few years, and hence know the area very well.

Thank you

Frank

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.