Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Breathing Color River Stone Rag Read 585 Times
  • Daniel Koretz
    Daniel Koretz
    Participant
    Papers & Media
    on: September 28, 2020 at 2:14 pm

Someone posted a while ago saying that River Stone straight out of the box has a strong and smell that isn’t like a baryta and that the website says only that it has a “baryta style” finish. I’ve played with this paper a good bit and like it a lot, but I was still curious, so I wrote them. Here’s their reply:

“River Stone is not made with barium sulphate, that is correct. We refer to the product as a microporous paper, technically, but I would not go into which various components we use during manufacturing since those details are proprietary/confidential. The website language is essentially saying that River Stone is an alternative to the traditional baryta construction.”

I’m not sure I should care, since my informal testing and Mark Segal’s testing indicate that the paper performs very well, but I thought that this might be of interest.

(I would have to change my artist’s statement at the gallery where I show my work because it specifically references using baryta papers….)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.