BenQ or Eizo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Topic: BenQ or Eizo Read 3493 Times
  • Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Silver Member
    Computers & Displays
    on: July 25, 2019 at 5:19 am

It’s time for me to get myself a hires monitor. Min. 4K and RGB capable.

I already have an Eizo 27″ Color Edge and a BenQ 27″, but in normal HD versions.

I woold like to stay at the two suppliers and keep the 27″ size, just upgrade to 4 K or above.

Do any of you see any qualified competitors to the two brands?

West Freeman
    West Freeman
    Participant
    Re: BenQ or Eizo
    Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I would like to hear more about this as I will have to replace my old Apple Cinema Display soon.

does anyone have some real world experience with either of these monitors?

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019 at 4:51 pm

I would like to hear more about this as I will have to replace my old Apple Cinema Display soon.

Man … how I am eager to know what monitor reproduces the most right colors re. gamut and evalated on the HD monitors I have they are close th two.

Seems to me the BenQ has a bit of color noise going on, which the Eizo doesn’t. But from all those more or less commercial videos I chewed through, they are first and formost done on 32″ 4K monitors of, well any brand.
    It is of course not a problem for me to calibrate my monitors, so the doubt doesn’t rest in that department 🙂

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Man … how I am eager to know what monitor reproduces the most right colors re. gamut and evalated on the HD monitors I have they are close th two.

Seems to me the BenQ has a bit of color noise going on, which the Eizo doesn’t. But from all those more or less commercial videos I chewed through, they are first and formost done on 32″ 4K monitors of, well any brand.

It is of course not a problem for me to calibrate my monitors, so the doubt doesn’t rest in that department ?

Seems the site need a typo correction function, normally called ‘edit’…?

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019 at 4:56 pm

I could also add to my question if any of you feels there’s a differing difference whether you edit in 4K on a 27″ rather than a 32″?

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019 at 5:04 pm

FYI…. You can always edit a post.  I use Grammarly and it works great with this site at least in Safari.  Shows your words that are misspelled and grammar and allows thwem to be fixed.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Stephane Bosman
    Stephane Bosman
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: September 9, 2019 at 2:50 am

My photo monitors history is:

• Apple Cinema Display 23″ (the first one)
    • iMac 21″
    • HP LP2475w
    • Dell U2413
    • LG 32UD99-W

The best one of all by far is the LG. Its hardware calibration works very well. I can see nuances in deep shadows. I cannot see brightness inconsistencies, although I know the left border is a bit darker than the rest.

You asked about Eizo or BenQ, but I can tell you for having seen both that the LG is better than the BenQ. I had no opportunity to see an Eizo side-by-side with anything, I suppose they are much better yet, but than there is the money thing 🙂

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019 at 1:53 pm

• iMac 21″
    • HP LP2475w
    • Dell U2413
    • LG 32UD99-W

The best one of all by far is the LG. Its hardware calibration works very well. I can see nuances in deep shadows. I cannot see brightness inconsistencies, although I know the left border is a bit darker than the rest.

You asked about Eizo or BenQ, but I can tell you for having seen both that the LG is better than the BenQ. I had no opportunity to see an Eizo side-by-side with anything, I suppose they are much better yet, but than there is the money thing ?

The other day I just installed the BenQ SW271nreplacing my Color Edge EIZO SHD monitor.

How I love the higher resolution, but subjectively maybe not that big of a difference in tonal gradtion smoorthness as I would have thought. Anyhow, I do not regret. It is af the BenQ shows just a tiny,tiny bit more color bleed or is it glare?… than the Eizo. I have to a/B compare the to to conclude which didn’t yet.
    But you will be happy with the BenQ 4K, I feel sure.

Just a final reply to my input here 🙂

Stephane Bosman
    Stephane Bosman
    Participant
    Reply #8 on: May 25, 2021 at 3:48 am

• iMac 21″
    • HP LP2475w
    • Dell U2413
    • LG 32UD99-W

You asked about Eizo or BenQ, but I can tell you for having seen both that the LG is better than the BenQ. I had no opportunity to see an Eizo side-by-side with anything, I suppose they are much better yet, but than there is the money thing 🙂

This needs to be updated. The LG is now 2 and a half years old and has white borders. I cannot recommend that monitor.

Next one will be Eizo. I find the CS2731 very keenly priced.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.