BenQ or Eizo

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: BenQ or Eizo Read 1043 Times
  • Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Participant
    Computers & Displays
    on: July 25, 2019 at 5:19 am

It’s time for me to get myself a hires monitor. Min. 4K and RGB capable.

I already have an Eizo 27″ Color Edge and a BenQ 27″, but in normal HD versions.

I woold like to stay at the two suppliers and keep the 27″ size, just upgrade to 4 K or above.

Do any of you see any qualified competitors to the two brands?

West Freeman
    West Freeman
    Participant
    Re: BenQ or Eizo
    Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019 at 1:41 pm

I would like to hear more about this as I will have to replace my old Apple Cinema Display soon.

does anyone have some real world experience with either of these monitors?

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019 at 4:51 pm

I would like to hear more about this as I will have to replace my old Apple Cinema Display soon.

Man … how I am eager to know what monitor reproduces the most right colors re. gamut and evalated on the HD monitors I have they are close th two.

Seems to me the BenQ has a bit of color noise going on, which the Eizo doesn’t. But from all those more or less commercial videos I chewed through, they are first and formost done on 32″ 4K monitors of, well any brand.
    It is of course not a problem for me to calibrate my monitors, so the doubt doesn’t rest in that department 🙂

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019 at 4:54 pm

Man … how I am eager to know what monitor reproduces the most right colors re. gamut and evalated on the HD monitors I have they are close th two.

Seems to me the BenQ has a bit of color noise going on, which the Eizo doesn’t. But from all those more or less commercial videos I chewed through, they are first and formost done on 32″ 4K monitors of, well any brand.

It is of course not a problem for me to calibrate my monitors, so the doubt doesn’t rest in that department ?

Seems the site need a typo correction function, normally called ‘edit’…?

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: August 11, 2019 at 4:56 pm

I could also add to my question if any of you feels there’s a differing difference whether you edit in 4K on a 27″ rather than a 32″?

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Keymaster
    Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019 at 5:04 pm

FYI…. You can always edit a post.  I use Grammarly and it works great with this site at least in Safari.  Shows your words that are misspelled and grammar and allows thwem to be fixed.

Kevin Raber
    CEO & Publisher of PhotoPXL.com and Rockhopperworkshops.com

Attachments:
    Stephane Bosman
    Stephane Bosman
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: September 9, 2019 at 2:50 am

My photo monitors history is:

• Apple Cinema Display 23″ (the first one)
    • iMac 21″
    • HP LP2475w
    • Dell U2413
    • LG 32UD99-W

The best one of all by far is the LG. Its hardware calibration works very well. I can see nuances in deep shadows. I cannot see brightness inconsistencies, although I know the left border is a bit darker than the rest.

You asked about Eizo or BenQ, but I can tell you for having seen both that the LG is better than the BenQ. I had no opportunity to see an Eizo side-by-side with anything, I suppose they are much better yet, but than there is the money thing 🙂

Gerner Christensen
    Gerner Christensen
    Participant
    Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019 at 1:53 pm

My photo monitors history is:

• Apple Cinema Display 23″ (the first one)
    • iMac 21″
    • HP LP2475w
    • Dell U2413
    • LG 32UD99-W

The best one of all by far is the LG. Its hardware calibration works very well. I can see nuances in deep shadows. I cannot see brightness inconsistencies, although I know the left border is a bit darker than the rest.

You asked about Eizo or BenQ, but I can tell you for having seen both that the LG is better than the BenQ. I had no opportunity to see an Eizo side-by-side with anything, I suppose they are much better yet, but than there is the money thing ?

The other day I just installed the BenQ SW271nreplacing my Color Edge EIZO SHD monitor.

How I love the higher resolution, but subjectively maybe not that big of a difference in tonal gradtion smoorthness as I would have thought. Anyhow, I do not regret. It is af the BenQ shows just a tiny,tiny bit more color bleed or is it glare?… than the Eizo. I have to a/B compare the to to conclude which didn’t yet.
    But you will be happy with the BenQ 4K, I feel sure.

Just a final reply to my input here 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.