Behind The Scenes

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Behind The Scenes Read 358 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: December 19, 2021 at 6:00 pm

After almost two years we got the gang back together to do a series of videos on inkjet printing. Check out our behind-the-scenes photos and stay tuned for 16 videos on various topics of printing.  It was a long, hard but fun week doing these videos.  I owe a big thanks to Michael Durr our video producer, Jeff Schewe, John Pannozzo from Colorbyte, and Epson’s very own Dan (Dano) Steinhardt.  I think you’ll like what we produced.

So much to talk about

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Garry Teeple
    Garry Teeple
    Participant
    Re: Behind The Scenes
    Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021 at 10:18 am

I’m really looking forward to the videos, they should be a very interesting discussion and learning experience.

Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021 at 4:32 pm

Hey Kevin,

this is great news! Cannot wait for the videos. I just checked – it has been almost eight years since Jeff’s and Michael’s FCtPaS videos, which were amazing (I recently re-watched some of them). Things have moved on quite a bit technology wise, so it should get very interesting! Good luck with the post processing…

Best Regards

Frank

Frank Loehner
    Frank Loehner
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021 at 4:44 pm

I have to correct myself – the FCtPaS videos are actually 10 years old!

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021 at 10:01 pm

Frank, they were some old videos.  We did a lot of cool stuff over on that other site.  I hope we are beginning to get that going here now.  I hope that COVID doesn’t shut us down again.  It’s not looking good.

Kevin Raber

Jacek Łuc
    Jacek Łuc
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021 at 4:08 am

Just in time. Based on what you can see in the photos, it’s going to be a pretty good treat.

I was lately watching some of those “old videos” on “that other site”. It was really great at the time it was published, and still is. I miss Michael’s sense of humor.

John Donlan
    John Donlan
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021 at 5:54 pm

Great news regarding the upcoming videos. However, Kevin left out one not so minor detail, will one have to become a Paid subscriber to PhotoPXL in order to view these videos? And If a subscriber wishes, are the files downloadable? That” other site ” still only asks for a $12.00 annual subscription fee whereas this site is $108.00 usd.

Greyscale

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021 at 8:53 pm

The upcoming videos will be free to all readers.  They can be downloaded on an iPad or other devices that YouTube allows.  When we start doing videos like the Master Series again, they will be for sale or part of membership.  Those have a high production cost.  Covid has prevented me from moving forward with a number of concepts and I was hoping we might be coming out of the pandemic.  But, as today’s news shows we are right back in it.

Our membership fees are based on a real business model and budget to allow us to offer better and more content.  That other site, well you have to pay to read any articles.  No matter what all our articles are readable.  With the membership you can click on an image ad see it bigger, you get dark/night mode if you want it, and a number of other privacy features.  We are working on even more benefits. The fee for our site is like a subscription and comparable cost to Medium Format, Fuji Love, and others.  If you don’t want to pay you can still see the articles. Who else does that?

In addition, you get more articles here.  The last series of videos we just did are pretty extensive and required a lot of work and cooperation from some really great people.  The first video might even be published tomorrow,

Kevin Raber

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.