A Manual For Travel Photography Part One

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: A Manual For Travel Photography Part One Read 442 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: April 29, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Peter Eastway is a great photographer and friend.  He is from Australia and we have taught a few workshops together.  Over the coming months, we will be doing more collaborative work together.  Today and tomorrow I present a great article to get us excited about getting back out there and traveling again.  I hope you enjoy this article and get excited about traveling again and things to think about before hitting the road.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Alain Briot
    Alain Briot
    Silver Member
    Re: A Manual For Travel Photography Part One
    Reply #1 on: May 1, 2021 at 12:49 pm

I enjoyed reading both essays, Part 1 and Part 2.  I particularly liked the first section of Part 1 about aims because it echoes some of my own concerns about photography today.  Peter puts it very well when he says it’s never been more difficult to stand out from the crowd! This makes it more important than ever to question my goals for taking a trip to a specific location.

I also found the section on portraits in Part 2 interesting in part because I don’t do portraits of strangers and in part because I used to do street photography in Paris. I never paid anyone but I can see how it can help. Whatever works should be the modus operanti.  If it helps, why not.

I was surprised there was no mention of social media posting since this is one of the most common activities of travel photographers today.  Personally I don’t do it,  preferring to post when I return home, but most people do post to social media constantly while traveling so a section on that would be appropriate.

An enjoyable essay in any case.

Author of Mastering Landscape Photography and 3 other books.
    http://www.beautiful-landscape.com
    [email protected]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.