The Epson SC-P900 Printer Review

Viewing 5 posts - 37 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Topic: The Epson SC-P900 Printer Review Read 41924 Times
  • Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    The Epson SC-P900 Printer Review
    on: March 23, 2021 at 4:13 pm

http://www.terrygipsonphotography.com

Terry, I’m not sure I understand the problem. From your attachment it seems that the group of printed photos are not centered with more margin left than right, and there is a bar of smudged colour down the right side which seems out of place (I’ve highlighted it with the red rectangle in the attached. But I don’t see there anything bleeding off the top.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Terry Gipson
    Terry Gipson
    Silver Member
    Re: The Epson SC-P900 Printer Review
    Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021 at 5:45 pm

I’m sorry I didn’t explain more and used the term bleed wrong. I think my brain was bleeding trying to figure out the problem.

After 2 1/2 hours with tech support at Epson we figured out it was a defective printer that would only print to 13×19 paper despite being told by the driver to print on 17×22 paper. It appears that all prints were printed as if on 13×19 paper, so nothing was centered even if it was smaller than 13×19. Must be a bad ROM chip or small toad or dwarf causing havoc.

I have to give Epson support two thumbs up though for their tech staying with me the whole time until we figured it out. It was a far different experience from my 7990 and its recurrent print head failures, where I was politely told “sorry”.

Sorry for the calamity here! A new printer will be on the way sometime and they will courteously take the old one back.

Terry

Terry Colorado USA [email protected] www.terrygipsonphotography.com

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021 at 5:51 pm

That’s the course of action I was going to recommend and the outcome I expected. Very good! Glad to hear it is resolved.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Terry Gipson
    Terry Gipson
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021 at 5:57 pm

After re-reading your article, I also couldn’t think of anything I was doing wrong in terms of settings, so I called them and was very pleased with the help.

Terry Colorado USA [email protected] www.terrygipsonphotography.com

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021 at 6:16 pm

It’s really good to hear that the tech support was both knowledgeable and forthcoming.

Viewing 5 posts - 37 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.