Stumping Dano

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Stumping Dano Read 194 Times
  • Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: January 11, 2022 at 6:58 am

Interesting Q&A session, and I did learn a lot.

I have a question for Dano, although it’s a little off-topic: why aren’t Epson Legacy papers available in England and when will they become available?

I want some!

Jeremy

Erik Brammer
    Erik Brammer
    Participant
    Re: Stumping Dano
    Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022 at 11:27 am

Same here in Germany! Though we are quite well served with Hahnemühle, Canson, Tecco…

Jeff Schewe
    Jeff Schewe
    Gold Member
    Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022 at 8:20 pm

I’m not Dano but as I understand it, Epson USA and Epson Euro (including the UK) are individually run affiliates not completely related to each other…meaning Epson Japan has marketing & distribution relations with a variety of companies under the Epson banner. It’s Epson America who developed and markets the Legacy brand for US markets only.

Erik Brammer
    Erik Brammer
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022 at 2:01 am

Maybe those mills Epson Americas work with sell the same papers under their own names?

Anyway, thinking about it again I am actually glad that the world of papers in Europe ain’t more confusing than it already is. It’s still reasonably clear with fine art papers. But graphics papers for production printers is a very complex environment with mills, wholesale group and merchants, the latter two often trying to differentiate by inventing their own brand and product names. Smokes and mirrors.

Bud James
    Bud James
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022 at 9:35 am

You can probably order these Epson papers from B&H Photo and have the shipped internationally.

Regards,
    Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at http://www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022 at 10:08 am

Nice thought, Bud, but sadly I can’t. “No shipping to the United Kingdom”, says their site.

I can live with it. As Erik observes, there’s no shortage of paper over here. I’ll make do with Canson, Permajet, Hahnemuehle and the like.

Jeremy

Erik Brammer
    Erik Brammer
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: January 12, 2022 at 10:26 am

Neither to Germany, but shipping cost would be prohibitive. Plus, who knows whether Boris Johnson or the EU have cut a customs deal on paper with Trump or now Biden!?  😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.