Sony RX100VII review

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Sony RX100VII review Read 118 Times
  • Bud James
    Bud James
    Participant
    Cameras, Lenses and Shooting Gear
    on: February 15, 2021 at 9:28 am

Kevin, nice review.

I have owned several versions of the Sony RX100 over the years. When it came out, I upgraded to the RX100VII for the longer zoom lens. It’s an amazing camera.

I took this camera along with my Leica M10-P with Summilux 35mm lens on a two week vacation to Scotland and Ireland in late 2019. I took a number of images with the Sony where I needed the reach of the zoom. The resulting images were very nice although you can definitely see the lens IQ limitations compared to the Leica Summilux. However, if I only had the Leica, I would have not been able to capture the images that I did with the Sony.

It’s a fantastic, although expensive, capable point and shoot camera. The only issue with these small $1,000+ cameras is that I had an older one which my wife dropped which damaged the turning ring around the lens barrel. I sent it in for repair and was told that it is unrepairable and that I should buy a new camera, which I did, unfortunately. I bought the Sony leather case for the replacement Sony RX100V for my wife as added protection. So far, so good.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this capable camera.

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at http://www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Bud James.
    Attachments:
    Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Keymaster
    Re: Sony RX100VII review
    Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021 at 11:49 pm

I have had each RX100 too.  It’s the camera to have with all the time.  Very capable.  Sometimes you just don’t need the big camera.

Kevin Raber
    CEO & Publisher of PhotoPXL.com and Rockhopperworkshops.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.