Rad Drew: Editing Workflows for Topaz Studio 2 and Luminar 4

Viewing 2 posts - 13 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Rad Drew: Editing Workflows for Topaz Studio 2 and Luminar 4 Read 15343 Times
  • Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Rad Drew: Editing Workflows for Topaz Studio 2 and Luminar 4
    on: August 19, 2020 at 5:44 pm

If you are using an NEC PA series display or equivalent in terms of colour gamut, the colour space gamut is approximately Adobe RGB(98), so a visual check of the kind you report here would likely be good enough to determine that your imported file may be up to ARGB(98), but may not necessarily indicate the file is in a wider space. If you have Chromix ColorThink Pro you could use the Color Worksheet function to map the colours of the exported test image into the gamut graph of the ARGB (98) generic profile and see whether there are colours that fall outside its gamut. If yes, the application is converting to a colour space wider than ARGB(98), which would be good to know as our current professional printers, in particular the Epson SureColor series, can render colours exceeding the ARGB(98) space.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Mark D Segal.
    Arlen Thomason
    Arlen Thomason
    Participant
    Re: Rad Drew: Editing Workflows for Topaz Studio 2 and Luminar 4
    Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020 at 2:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Mark. I do have an NEC PA271Q, but not Chromix ColorThink Pro. Given my other priorities, I think I will let it rest here for a while.

Viewing 2 posts - 13 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.