P5000 Commercial edition

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Topic: P5000 Commercial edition Read 89 Times
  • Jason Berge
    Jason Berge
    Participant
    Imageprint
    on: June 14, 2024 at 11:51 pm

Hi does Imageprint Black support the commercial edition with the Violet ink?

I ask, as the P5000CE had the Orange and Green inks, which provided wide gamut, which is great. With the original P5000, Epson marketed the CE version as having “extra” gamut to match Pantone colours to 99%. And the Standard Edition with an extra light light black was recommended for “photography”.

Now the newer P5300 has dropped the Orange and Green and added the Violet, Ironically, to expand the gamut.

I have been away from the printing game for a few years, but am looking to buy a 17″ printer. Am I better to pick up one of the last P5000CE, or get one of the new P5300 models?

Imageprint support is important to me as I used it years ago and found it wonderful.

Mike Broomfield
    Mike Broomfield
    Silver Member
    Re: P5000 Commercial edition
    Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024 at 10:45 am

I know this is not the answer to your question, but the link they provide for supported printers does not yet include the P5370 (listed as coming soon).  I’d check with them about both the CE version and the 5370.

Andrew Rodney
    Andrew Rodney
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024 at 11:07 am

How is dropping the Orange and Green for Violet ironic? Let’s plot the color gamut of both, then we can know for sure.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024 at 11:53 am

Hello, John from ImagePrint was with me just a week ago.  They have not received their P5300 yet. I have been using mine for months now, and it makes great prints.  So that you know, it has the same print head and inset of the P900.  As soon as ImagePrint gets their 5300 printer, they will support it.  There have been delivery issues, most likely the supply chain getting printers shipped.  Make sure you read our articles and test on this printer on this site.  There is also a video of me setting it up.  I’ll do more video on this printer in the next month or so.  Works flawlessly so far.  I love the rolls and cutter.  Great to set it up and walk away.  I have used EPL for most of the printing so far, but it will definitely go into my ImagePrint workflow once it’s released.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.