New 100-400 G Master Sony Lens

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Topic: New 100-400 G Master Sony Lens Read 1228 Times
  • Jack Siegel
    Jack Siegel
    Silver Member
    New Article Announcements & Discussions
    on: July 31, 2019 at 12:39 pm

You can forget all the technical jargon.  Your photographs sell the lens.  Each one is an excellent photograph, plus the 400mm length with extender means that you weren’t eaten by the polar bear.  That’s worth the price of the lens alone.  Well done.  I particularly like the Palouse fields.  That green is very soothing.

Jack B. Siegel
    Photographer, Attorney, and Writer

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: New 100-400 G Master Sony Lens
    Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Thanks, Jack.  The lens is a real performer.  I am looking forward to trying out the 200-600mm.  I’ll have it for a trip to Greenland in early September so I’ll do something on that upon return.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Jeff Griffin
    Jeff Griffin
    Participant
    Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019 at 5:15 pm

Here in the UK Sony are teaming up retailers and putting on ” hands on ” events.

Attending one such event recently I had the opportunity to try this lens attached to an A9.

Autofocus & tracking is excellent and as Jack mentioned above the photographs I got would also  sell that combination easily.

Unfortunately I am heavily invested in the A99II and many A mount lenses otherwise I would be tempted.

They also had the 200-600mm  BUT it attracted a lot of attention and I missed out on giving it a try.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Reply #3 on: August 1, 2019 at 3:26 am

Great illustrative shots, Kevin. Of all of them, the one that really grabbed me is of the icicles in the hole in the ice. It illustrates your “picture in picture” concept beautifully.

Jeremy

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #4 on: August 1, 2019 at 7:47 am

Thanks, Jeremy. In the case of shooting icebergs, it was amazing how much you could find by just scanning the berg and seeing these things.  You’ll see what I mean in a few weeks.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.