• Author
    Topic: Intro To Imageprint Read 4781 Times
  • Bud James
    Bud James
    Participant
    Intro To Imageprint
    on: February 6, 2022 at 6:09 am

Screen-Shot-2022-02-06-at-5.09.11-AM

I used to use IP years ago with my Epson 2400. I did not renew my IP license as I upgraded my Epson printer over the years to the 3800, 3880, P800 and now P900. Five years ago I switched from Lightroom to Capture One Pro. C1P’s printing function is usable, but not as nice as LR’s. You have to fiddle with the print driver settings each time I make a print.

After watching your series on ImagePrint, I was very interested in checking it out for myself. I purchased ImagePrint Black and installed it on my new MacBook Pro 14″ M1Max. The MBP replaced an aging iMacPro. I use it in clamshell mode at my workstation connected to two Eizo CS2740 27″ calibrated monitors. It’s an awesome set up that runs circles around my old iMacPro.

IP Black is amazing. My first prints of images that I recently printed before installing IP were amazing. The idea that the IP Spooler saves previous print jobs so that I can reprint without having to find the image in Capture One Pro is fantastic. What a time saver.

I been using IP for just about  a month now. I’m a serious hobbyist and not a professional so my printing volume is low and often my printer will sit for months without making a print. IP make the whole printing process pleasurable and easy. The print quality is amazing. Now I can print to any paper with the excellent IP printer profiles and not waste any paper in the process. The auto black ink switching with the P900 now allows me to print one-off matte prints conveniently and without wasting ink. I have stock of a variety of non-Epson fine art papers which I have been reluctant to use, but now I am now starting to use because of this.

Kevin, great work producing the series on printing featuring IP. Thank you for the information and motivation.

Regards,
    Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at http://www.budjames.photography.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Bud James.
    • This reply was modified 9 months, 3 weeks ago by Bud James.
Viewing 13 post (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.