Innova Simply Elegant Gold Fiber

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Innova Simply Elegant Gold Fiber Read 18060 Times
  • Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Innova Simply Elegant Gold Fiber
    on: January 15, 2021 at 11:31 am

Innova has no paper by the name IT Supplies uses. However, Innova does have a couple of papers, one of which may be the same product that IT Supplies provides, re-branded. They are:

https://innovaart.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Innova-Editions_Data-Sheet_2019_IFA-69.pdf

or more likely (because it contains OBA, and not ultra-smooth surface):

https://innovaart.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Innova-Olmec_data_sheet_OLM69.pdf

The latter has no provided ICC profile, the former does and it’s characteristics resemble those of IGFS.

Innova and IGFS profile characteristics are not identical, but truth be told, they could probably be used interchangeably with very little, if any, visible difference. Bit that doesn’t mean they are the same paper.

Perhaps of particular interest to North American readers, B&H does supply the Innova Exhibition product.

I could of course do a thorough review of the ITSupplies product if they would send me a package for the purpose, but they’ve not shown any interest.

I have not reached out to Innova to review their product. Perhaps I should.

The fact is, however, that with Epson running their Signature Worthy/Legacy paper rebate programs in Canada and the US, it’s the most competitive product on the North American market and the quality is superb. I’ve been using Legacy Platine (cotton base, no OBA), as the Baryta was discontinued, but Legacy Baryta II will be arriving some time possibly this quarter – not sure if it will qualify for rebate and there is no pricing or specific availability information yet.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Jeremy Roussak
    Jeremy Roussak
    Gold Member
    Re: Innova Simply Elegant Gold Fiber
    Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Thanks for that, Mark. I have a sample pack of Innova papers which includes a sheet of IFA-69, the exhibition photo baryta. They don’t have a profile for it on my 7500, and of course I don’t have one for GFS either. Do you think a profile for the Canson II Baryta would be reasonably good?

Jeremy

Mark D Segal
    Mark D Segal
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021 at 3:53 pm

Should be reasonably OK – worth trying.

Mark D Segal Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8, SilverFast HDR, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop". Please check the PhotoPXL Store for availability.

Rand Scott Adams
    Rand Scott Adams
    Silver Member
    Reply #3 on: December 15, 2022 at 9:41 am

Old thread, but let me respond to Jeremy here.  “I’m the guilty party” for introducing “Innova” into the name.  Mia Culpa…. I don’t know where I got that from early on.  Sloppy and confusing, sorry.

Second, I continue to buy Simply Elegant Gold Fibre via ITSupplies.  If it is “old stock” IFGFS they must have a ton of it.

Rand

Rand Scott Adams Rand47

Viewing 4 posts - 13 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.