High Quality Photo Book or Portfolio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Topic: High Quality Photo Book or Portfolio Read 115 Times
  • Tony Siciliano
    Tony Siciliano
    Participant
    Landscape & Nature Photography
    on: February 6, 2024 at 1:51 pm

I would like to make a 12×12 photo book with about 40 of my landscape photos. It seems the options, short of hiring a bookbinder, is to use an online service to make my book, or to buy a screwpost portfolio book and adhesive hinge strips to attach to my prints and put in the book. There are a few paper manufactures who offer paper pre hole punched and creased for use in a portfolio book, but they are all matte papers, which I do not want. AND I’m not sure how well adhesive strips work. Two questions: can you recommend a high quality online book making company that will make a book printed on photo paper (not press printed) and offer me an ICC profile for soft proofing? Second, do you know of any paper company offering pre punched and creased non matte photo paper, like luster/satin or semigloss? Thanks!

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Re: High Quality Photo Book or Portfolio
    Reply #1 on: February 8, 2024 at 5:48 pm

There are a number of sources for what you are looking for.  I have used Hahnemuehle Double printable pager with punched holes and their album covers and have made some great editions.  I show these at my fine art printing classes (info on this site).  Info HERE. I also use their tins a lot.  Great for showing off projects in a manageable size  find info HERE.  

I also use portfolio boxes.  These are great for keeping bigger prints. find them HERE.

There are a lot of book printing services around. I don’t know any that do printing on phot papers.  I really have had great success with Saal printing.  Their software is good too.

Hope that gets you off to a good start.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.