Epson p900 prints still off center

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Epson p900 prints still off center Read 419 Times
  • Chuck Augenbraun
    Chuck Augenbraun
    Participant
    Epson Printers
    on: July 23, 2023 at 1:50 pm

I may not have described my problem accurately in my original post

I have attached screenshots of setting and a photo of the final print

I am printing on 7×10 paper pre scored for folding to make photo cards.  Therefore the image is printed on the lower half of the paper.   The problem is that the image is printed slightly to the right of center (see photo of actual print and ruler).  All my settings and the layout in Lightroom are set to print with equal borders (left and right) see screenshots of my setup.  I have tried printing from 2 different computers and using 2 different image files with the same result.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Chuck

I have been having problems centering photo (left and right) when printing from LR classic to Epson 900.  As you can see the image is shifted slightly to right (1st photo) on the paper.

The other 2 photos show my settings in LR.  Everything seems to be centered.

I set up a custom paper size 7x 10 inches ( which is the actual paper size).

The system is Mac.  We have two computers sharing one printer.  I get the same off center result from both computers.

Any help appreciated.

thanks

Chuck

Chuck Augenbraun
    Chuck Augenbraun
    Participant
    Re: Epson p900 prints still off center
    Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023 at 1:58 pm

Attached is an additional screen shot which did not upload with original post

Christopher Sanderson
    Christopher Sanderson
    Gold Member
    Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023 at 5:06 pm

A guess – could the Portrait mode setup be confusing things somewhere in the pipeline?

I might try rotating the photo 90˚ in Develop with the left side as the top. Change to Landscape mode in Page Setup. I would reduce the Cell size in LR/Print to fit the exact image size, set Top & Bottom margins to be identical, then Left & Right as required. Maybe?…

Gabrielle Shelley
    Gabrielle Shelley
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: August 31, 2023 at 4:05 pm

Following, because I am also having this issue. I print from Illustrator or Acrobat from a Mac, though. It’s especially frustrating as I try to print things double-sided, and they don’t match up, because they are not centered.

Dan Berg
    Dan Berg
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: September 27, 2023 at 8:55 am

You are requesting a 6.31″ wide image but are only showing a 5.76″ wide image. (Even though it shows centered) Try clicking zoom to fill (Which you probably do not want to do) or change your border widths to match the 5.76″ wide image to your card width of 7″. Which would mean your borders should be .62 on both sides.

Dan Berg
    www.bergsprintstudio.com

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Dan Berg.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Dan Berg.
    Chuck Augenbraun
    Chuck Augenbraun
    Participant
    Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023 at 9:45 pm

Thanks Dan
    I was hopeful that you had the solution and made some adjustments by increasing image size to fill the cell and increased the side borders.

Still printed off center!

Attached are photos of my settings and the results

Dan Berg
    Dan Berg
    Participant
    Reply #6 on: September 28, 2023 at 8:40 am

Now you have me stumped, hmm.

Dan Berg
    www.bergsprintstudio.com

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #7 on: September 28, 2023 at 11:04 am

Let’s do a couple of things.  First I suggest you try printing this using Epson Print layout – if you are using an Epson printer.  Also, try the border and then borderless selection.  Third if you want, send me the files, and all dimesnions and I can try ptinting using ImagePrint, EPL and/or LR to see if the same thing happens.  As you know I make a lot of prints and have never had this issue on any of the half dozen printers I have.

Another thing to try is to put a new image into the layout.  It is possible but not likely that the image has some sort of size issue.

I print greeting cards like this a lot as well as my calendars and don’t have this problem but I print using EPL. Since you have a P900 I would try using Epson Print Layout.  Like I saud I’d be happy to give it a try here.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Chuck Augenbraun
    Chuck Augenbraun
    Participant
    Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023 at 10:57 pm

Hi Kevin

First of all – thanks to everyone for trying to help me solve this problem.

I followed your suggestions

First I tried a different file and got the same results – off center.  See attached screenshots.

Next I printed using EPL and it was perfectly centered- see pictures.

So, using scientific reasoning, it would seem it’s not the printer or computer but rather a Lightroom issue.  I would really like to figure it out as I prefer to print from LR as it offers more features (such as stroke  borders) .

I have also tried this on two different computers – both fairly good IMACs – and got the same result on both computers.

there must be something I’m missing in the way I set this up

Chuck

Chuck Augenbraun
    Chuck Augenbraun
    Participant
    Reply #9 on: September 28, 2023 at 11:03 pm

Here are the last images from print made with EPL

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023 at 1:31 am

Well, good to isolate the issues.  At keast using EPL you could finsih the job correctly.  The issues seems to be one related to LR and maybe the printer.  Now, you need to systemicaly gp back and start to isolate where the bug is.  I’d start all over and create a new layone and measurements,  Check not lonly the layout but page set up.  Try swithc bewtween borderless of border and other settings.  In the end it will be like somethingnthat justn jumps out at you.  But at least with EPL you could tell things were functioning correct.  Franklsy I trust EPL a lot and find it does a great job.  I also, use Imageprint as most regular readers know.

Good luck keep me posted.  P.S> You might want to delete and reload the Eposn print driuves and do not load AirPrint selection.

Kevin Raber
    Owner and Publisher of photoPXL

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.