Changes At photoPXL

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Topic: Changes At photoPXL Read 1058 Times
  • Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Changes At photoPXL
    on: August 26, 2023 at 11:36 am

istening once Kevin

Glad to hear you are enthused again but not thrilled with the video idea. As a general rule of thumb I dislike videos-I spend most of my work day with a screen. I read hardcover paperbacks to relax.

I have q tremor which makes iPhone photography a Challenge if during an off time for meds. I do agree though that it is a good camera.

Someone else suggested a podcast-I like the idea way better than a video. Zero chance of listening each day but I could see l listening once a week..

Rocky

Rocky . . . Good idea.  I think I can offer up audio clips and save them separately.  I have some further investigation to do to look at methods to deliver these.  Possibly as a podcast.  When I figure something out I will share it.

Jean-Michel Komarnicki
    Jean-Michel Komarnicki
    Participant
    Re: Changes At photoPXL
    Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023 at 6:33 pm

The Argus episode.

Yes, who does not remember their first ‘real’ camera? In my case, it is a Yashica J35 – I still have it, together with a Sekonic photoelectric meter, and that one is still unbelievably more or less accurate; the rf patch in the camera is rather faded! Bought those while in high school in Montreal. Then, I was able to borrow my older cousin’s darkroom stuff including a small contact printer and a Federal enlarger. Those are long gone, but they would surely work as well today as she 60 years ago.

Jean-Michel

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023 at 7:19 pm

Fun time.  I’m happy to have all the cool tools we have today.  I try to imagine what a young photographer will be talking about 50 years from now.  I can only imagine how far photography will evolve by then.

Gary Chappel
    Gary Chappel
    Participant
    Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023 at 2:31 pm

I can understand that doing a video every day is a challenging undertaking.

I really do enjoy your outlook on these chats, and will continue to look forward to them as they roll out.

Thanks for continuing to do this

gary

Rainer Heim
    Rainer Heim
    Participant
    Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023 at 7:19 am

Hello Kevin

I absolutely agree that Daily is not the key word here. I suspect that you wanted to have a regular contact point with the people here at photopxl, so weekly will be equally regular and lets you have the time to prepare the video/podcast.

Just one thought I had when you were indicating that the ‘daily’ would have to go: guess other people could contribute some videos from time to time as you do have some great photographer friends. And it would be good to get a regular ‘Raber Rant’ also (monthly?).

Best

Rainer

Kevin Raber
    Kevin Raber
    Silver Member
    Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023 at 3:11 pm

Absolutely, others can contribute.  I won’t achieve my goal of making this site a community if others don’t contribute.  Between the forum, articles, videos, and the gallery page, there are many ways for the PXL family to be part of the site.  I encourage and ask that others please consider doing content for the good of the whole PXL audience.

Viewing 6 posts - 13 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.